Pear & Bleu Cheese Salad
Pear and Bleu Cheese Salad with carmelized pecans, avocado, TOOC Citrus Olive Oil and Pomegranate Vinegar. That's about as robust as it gets!
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 head leaf lettuce, chopped
- 3 pears, peeled and chopped
- 5 ounces crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup TOOC Citrus Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons TOOC Pomegranate Vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Honey Truffle mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground peppercorns to taste
- Salad Herbs to taste
Prepare Pecans: Stir together 1/4 cup sugar and pecans in a skillet over medium heat. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into small pieces.
Dressing: blend olive oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper. In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, bleu cheese, avocado, and green onions.
Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with Salad Herbs and pecans.
There are no Nutrition Facts define here.
No Recipies for this product.